Applicant should be below 26 years of age as on 30th June, 2013
Applicant should have learnt Indian classical music for at least 4 years
CATEGORIES (Carnatic & Hindustani):
(a) Vocal (b) Instrumental (c) Accompanist
DOCUMENTS TO SEND:
Send a CD of your music recording (Optional) in any one of the following 6 categories:
Carnatic Vocal or Carnatic Instrumental
Hindustani vocal or Hindustani Instrumental
Carnatic Accompanist or Hindustani Accompanist
Bio data of the Guru(s) from whom applicant has learnt music
Recommendation letter from said Guru(s) validating the number of years the applicant has learnt music
Another recommendation from a person known to applicant on his music capabilities
Participation fee for the competition is Rs. 150/- It needs be sent along with the application form through a Demand Draft, drawn in favour of SPIC MACAY, payable at New Delhi.
FOR PRELIMINARY & FINAL ROUNDS ON DD REGIONAL/ NATIONAL NETWORK
Audition/Demonstration-Cum-Interaction will be held at 20 Regional DD Kendras in the first week of August 2013 (exact dates to be indicated once all applications are in). Local judges will shortlist the top 480 participants from the walk-in auditions from these 20 Regional DD Kendras.
First Round: Out of the shortlisted 480 participants, each participant will be given 3 min. to perform. After the first round, 240 participants will be eliminated and rest will go to the second round.
Second Round: Out of the shortlisted 240 participants, each participant will be given 3 min to perform. After second round, only 100 participants will be retained and the rest will be eliminated. The shortlisted 100 participants will move to the Semi-Finals.
Semi-Finals: Semi-Finals for Carnatic music will be held at Chennai and for Hindustani music, the Semi-finals will be held at Kolkata. After this Semi-Final round 36 participants in all will move to the final rounds and rest will be eliminated.
The final round will be shot in Mumbai and telecast on DD national.
For the 36 participants who qualify for final rounds, there will be two rounds.
(a) First Round: it will have 9 episodes. 4 participants will participate in each of the 9 episodes. Each of the 4 participants will perform in Three Segments: Raga, Composition & Judges’ Choice. Each participant will get 2 min. to perform in the first segment (Raga), 1 min in second segment (composition) and 1.5 minutes in the third segment (Judges’ Choice). After the first round, only 18 participants will be selected and remaining 18 eliminated. Of the selected 18 participants, 3 each will again represent one of the 6 categories in two forms of music i.e Carnatic and Hindustani.
(b) Second Round: it will have 6 episodes. 3 participants will again perform in each form of music in the same three segments in each episode. Each participant will get 2 min in the first segment (Raga), 1.5 minutes for second segment (Composition) and 2 min for third segment (Judges’ Choice). After second round, one winner will be declared from each episode for a particular form of music i.e in all six winners will be declared for six categories.
Each winner will get cash award of Rs. 3 Lakhs in each category.
Overall Winner: To declare one overall winner in each form of music i.e Carnatic and Hindustani music, a grand final episode will be shot. The three winners of Carnatic and Hindustani music will compete within themselves for the top award. One top performer in each form, Carnatic and Hindustani, will be declared the overall winner.
Both top performers will receive cash reward of Rs. 10 lakhs each in total (Rs. 7 lakhs + Rs 3 lakh already received)
DD Regional Kendras
The DD Regional Kendras for the regional rounds:
Terms & Conditions
1. The age criterion to participate in Naad Bhed is up to 26 years only. Participants need to attach their birth certificate or any other certificate validating their Date of Birth.
2. Applicant should have formally learnt classical music for at least 4 years.
3. All rules and systems regarding selection of candidates as decided by Team Naad Bhed (SPIC MACAY) shall be final and binding.
4. To participate in Naad Bhed an application fee of Rs. 150/- (one hundred and fifty only) needs to be sent as along with the application form in the form of a Demand Draft in favour of SPIC MACAY, payable at Delhi.
5. SPIC MACAY or Doordarshan shall not offer any form of payment, actual or implied or any assured prize to the participants, for participating in the Contest.
6. This offer is valid between midnight of 01/05 May 2013 and midnight of 30 July 2013 only. Late entries will not be accepted and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
8. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to follow all processes and rules as laid down here.
9. Entries should be submitted in hard copy (or can be submitted online) with application forms filled in all respects. An audio recording of the applicant (10 min long only) can be attached in a CD form along with all relevant documents.
10. Participants may only submit an entry once. If he submits multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered valid.
11. Participants are not permitted to submit entries on behalf of any other individual or entity.
12. Entries once submitted cannot be recalled or modified under any circumstances. No communication in this regard will be entertained.
13. Shortlisted people may choose to figure in media interviews.
14. Auditions for shortlisted candidates will be held in the first week of August 2013. Selected 24 participants will compete in the regional rounds in 20 regional Kendras of Doordarshan all over India. 5 winners from each Kendra will be selected to Contest in the Quarter-finals to be held in Kolkata & at Chennai. 36 selected finalists will then contest on DD National Network for the final rounds.
15. SPIC MACAY nominated jury will evaluate the entries and its decision on the shortlisted entries for auditions, if any, will be final and
binding to all.
16. The selection process at the auditions will be at the sole discretion of judges/jury/selection committee appointed by SPIC MACAY.
17. Shortlisted participants will receive an SMS/E-mail with a unique ID. Participants are required to carry their phone/hard copy of the e-mail and present this SMS/hard copy of the e-mail on the day of the audition.
18. Neither SPIC MACAY, Doordarshan nor the associate sponsor (if any) for the Contest will be held responsible for late entries for any reason whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the participants to keep reasonable days for their applications to reach us.
19. The entries will be judged on merit alone.
20. Winning entries are non transferable to other individuals.
21. SPIC MACAY & Doordarshan will not be held responsible if the communication pertaining to the winning entries does not reach intended contestants for any of the following reasons as mentioned:-
22. Incorrect details given at the time of submitting entry
23. Phone Number not available, non reachable or switched off
24. Time lapse
25. Any other reason, technical or otherwise, beyond the control of SPIC MACAY
26. SPIC MACAY reserves the right to suspend, shorten, modify or cancel this show or offering at its sole discretion.
27. Any private correspondence or canvassing in any form will lead to rejection of the entry submitted by the participant.
28. SPIC MACAY & Doordarshan reserves the right to modify, add, or delete any terms and conditions or participation mechanics of this offering at any point of time at its sole discretion and without any prior information to anyone.
29. Winners agree that all footage, sound bites, pictures etc. captured of him/her at the auditions and during the contests can be used in any media chosen by SPIC MACAY.
30. All the rights pertaining to the visuals, footage, music and/or performances recorded during the contests will retain with SPIC MACAY, and SPIC MACAY free to use it for any medium for the purpose of further monetising and publicity. No participants will have any claim on it.
31. Participant, with the winning entry, shall make himself available for various PR initiatives around the Contest at the appointed date, time and place as requested by SPIC MACAY.
32. All disputes relating to the Scheme shall be subject to the jurisdictions of the Courts of Delhi.
33. SPIC MACAY will not be held liable if winners are unable to reach the audition/contest venue at the appointed time.
34. SPIC MACAY will not bear any liability towards travel, boarding & lodging, food & beverage, loss of personal belongings, personal safety etc.
35. SPIC MACAY & Doordarshan shall not be responsible for any loss or damage if it has to discontinue or cancel this Contest in compliance with any law, ruling, order, regulation, requirement or instruction of any Central/State Government or for any other unavoidable reason beyond its control. The participants shall be informed of such discontinuance/cancellation as soon as possible, through the SPIC MACAY website.
36. SPIC MACAY can get general public to vote/favour on the various participants at its sole discretion, to determine the winning entry, in addition to the judgment of the panel of experts. Organized voting will lead to summary disqualification of the participant/entry.
Please read the above information carefully before filling the application form.